- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Use of Personal Information
Within our website, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself. We will collect this information only when you voluntarily provide it and this information will be strictly confidential. We may collect personal information like email addresses for registration on our mailing lists or for eligibility on a contest, survey, promotion, advice on future events or special offers. Personal information may be requested for purposes of purchase to Château des Charmes in our secure website location that uses industry standard encryption technology. The personal information will be used only for the purposes identified. We discourage you from sending any sensitive or personal financial information like credit card information, via a regular email.
Site Traffic Monitoring
During every visit to our website, we will collect non-identifiable information by tracking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses on an aggregate basis. IP addresses do not track personal information about you but do allow us to monitor how our website is being used. This information is shared with our website providers to assist in improving our website.
When a user interacts with our website, "session cookies" are used to collect information anonymously and to track user patterns. They do not collect personal information, only a numeric identifier and the data collected is only available during the active session. We use this anonymous information to improve our website and provide seamless navigation.
Customer Complaints or Concerns
We have developed policies and procedures to respond to individual complaints and questions relating to privacy and the collection of personal customer information. If you have questions or concerns about your personal information, please contact us at:
Château des Charmes
Attn: Michèle Bosc 1025 York Road
We will investigate and attempt to resolve all complaints. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of the request. Please be advised that there may be a reasonable cost associated with your request.